In any event, I have discovered some cool things the past couple of weeks, specifically regarding hair care, and I am hooked. Since I do have my own damn blog, and since I don't really want to put my new healthy LONG hair journey on Facebook, I'll be blogging about it.
So, here goes.
- I'm currently 8 weeks post relaxer, attempting to stretch it to 10 weeks.
- While stretching I'm going to try and keep my new growth(NG) soft and my previously relaxed hair strong.
- I'm going to attempt to use direct heat to my hair once a month only.
- I will wash my hair after every gym session to ensure that there is no sweat, which has a tendency to harden my hair and leading to intense breakage.
- Pantene Shampoo for colour treated hair. It's rich and moisturizing, and a little goes a long way. It has quite a rich lather, so I rarely feel that I need to shampoo more than once. I also attempt to be gentle and not tangle my hair during the shampoo process
- Pantene Conditioner for colour treated hair AND Pantene Smooth and Silky for dry wavy hair. Both conditioners are rich, moisturizing and give excellent slip. I usually wash my hair in the shower, so while I'm washing the rest of my body, I leave the conditioner on to do it's thing. VERY few conditioners give my hair the feel that Pantene does. I feel NO effort detangling while working with Pantene, and breakage and shedding is next to nothing. I also sometimes use the Smooth and Silky Conditioner as a light pre-poo treatment.
- Dark and Love Anti Breakage Healing Treatment as a moisturizing deep conditioner. The label states to keep it in for five to twenty minutes. I keep it on for an hour, with a heated cap or towel. I deep condition on average once a week.
- Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonaise as a protein treatment. My hair truly feels stronger after using this. I protein treat once to twice a month using this. Following with a moisturizing conditioner for just a couple of minutes. Protein makes my hair a little hard, so the conditioner just brings everything back in balance.
- Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizer, which I use little of, mostly before I wrap my hair.
- Dark and Lovely Oil Moisturizing Spray, which I lightly spray on my hair either as part of my pre-poo regimen, or just before rollersetting. I alternate it with...
- Bone Straight Conditioning Wrap and Set lotion. It gives great slip, and my hair feels soft and it looks shiny.
- Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen Spray as a finishing touch after rollersetting, before air drying my hair.
- Coconut oil - I massage it into my scalp. I remember it being part of my hair regimen as a kid and m hair was much longer and stronger then. So, why not go back to my roots? I have nothing to lose.
Well, children, off till next time. Gym now, thus tonight is a wash night.