Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm back. With a new mission

Okay, this is ridiculous. What is up with me and the months that go in between my posts?? I'm special, and I'm making peace with that.

In any event, I have discovered some cool things the past couple of weeks, specifically regarding hair care, and I am hooked. Since I do have my own damn blog, and since I don't really want to put my new healthy LONG hair journey on Facebook, I'll be blogging about it.

So, here goes.
  • I'm currently 8 weeks post relaxer, attempting to stretch it to 10 weeks.
  • While stretching I'm going to try and keep my new growth(NG) soft and my previously relaxed hair strong.
  • I'm going to attempt to use direct heat to my hair once a month only.
  • I will wash my hair after every gym session to ensure that there is no sweat, which has a tendency to harden my hair and leading to intense breakage.
Products I'm currently using in my mission to longer, stronger, healthier hair:
  • Pantene Shampoo for colour treated hair. It's rich and moisturizing, and a little goes a long way. It has quite a rich lather, so I rarely feel that I need to shampoo more than once. I also attempt to be gentle and not tangle my hair during the shampoo process
  • Pantene Conditioner for colour treated hair AND Pantene Smooth and Silky for dry wavy hair. Both conditioners are rich, moisturizing and give excellent slip. I usually wash my hair in the shower, so while I'm washing the rest of my body, I leave the conditioner on to do it's thing. VERY few conditioners give my hair the feel that Pantene does. I feel NO effort detangling while working with Pantene, and breakage and shedding is next to nothing. I also sometimes use the Smooth and Silky Conditioner as a light pre-poo treatment.
  • Dark and Love Anti Breakage Healing Treatment as a moisturizing deep conditioner. The label states to keep it in for five to twenty minutes. I keep it on for an hour, with a heated cap or towel. I deep condition on average once a week.
  • Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonaise as a protein treatment. My hair truly feels stronger after using this. I protein treat once to twice a month using this. Following with a moisturizing conditioner for just a couple of minutes. Protein makes my hair a little hard, so the conditioner just brings everything back in balance.
  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizer, which I use little of, mostly before I wrap my hair.
  • Dark and Lovely Oil Moisturizing Spray, which I lightly spray on my hair either as part of my pre-poo regimen, or just before rollersetting. I alternate it with...
  • Bone Straight Conditioning Wrap and Set lotion. It gives great slip, and my hair feels soft and it looks shiny.
  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen Spray as a finishing touch after rollersetting, before air drying my hair.
  • Coconut oil - I massage it into my scalp. I remember it being part of my hair regimen as a kid and m hair was much longer and stronger then. So, why not go back to my roots? I have nothing to lose.
Well, children, off till next time. Gym now, thus tonight is a wash night.








No comments:

Post a Comment