Thursday, August 1, 2013

July revisited. Welcome August!

Hola people. The last month of winter is upon us, and so are the August winds. Not looking forward to the latter. Am however looking forward to slightly warmer days.

Well, without further ado, let's see how it went regarding my goals for July:

1. Drink 1-2 liters of water a day. WIN! Even though it was hard at times, being freaking COLD, I pulled it off.

2. Do the freaking tea rinses!! FAIL. I did a singular tea rinse. Oh well, better luck next time.

3. Minimize manipulation of my hair. WIN. I finger combed more often instead of using a comb and I generally left my hair alone once pinned up. I must now just continue on this path!

4. Intensify moisturizing my new growth. FAIL. I only started paying serious attention to this during the last two weeks of the month. I'm about 9 weeks post now, so I MUST step it up!

5. Limit simple carbohydrate consumption and increase consumption of fruits, veggies and lean meat dishes. Keep daily calorie count to 1200. Pretty much a WIN, if one does not take into account the caloric intake via alcohol. It's been a crazy month...

6. Intensify deep conditioning by adding heat to every DC session this month. FAIL. Realized I REALLY need a hooded dryer to do this. Sitting with my hairdryer in my hand for 15-30 minutes - ain't nobody got time for that!

7. Cover hair with silk scarf the minute I get home, every day.  WIN.

Once again, seems like a pretty 50/50 month. Still thinking of August goals since I really wanna get braided up, so will just wait and see.

In the meantime, have a great phuza Thursday everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment