Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August - damn!! There's only 4 months left of 2013!

Alrighty then, this is it. We are officially in the last third of the year, the last stretch. The stretch where we are all in a slump. We're tired, we're still getting sniffles because of the damn schizophrenic winter we're having and we're already dreaming of our December summer getaways!

But before we get all caught up in daydreams of days on the beach, we need to focus on the here and now. And on that note I have finally come up with my August goals, both regarding hair health and physical health, I'm gonna deal with them separately.

AUGUST HAIR GOALS:

1. On 17 August I will be 12 weeks post. So far, my new growth has been behaving itself, so I'm not sure at this time whether I'm going to do a touch up exactly at 12 weeks or wait a little bit. The goal however remains the same - MOISTURIZE AND SEAL hair every day, thus keeping new growth AND length of hair healthy and happy. 

2. DUST ENDS. I've been experiencing a little breakage and I suspect that one of the main causes is the fact that I haven't trimmed or even dusted my ends in ages. Hanging onto raggedy ends is also not good for retention so I need to get myself a decent pair of shears and then snip it off. 

3. CO -WASH at least once a week, separately from normal wash days. I'm back in the gym and I believe co washing will be most beneficial, and will also reduce manipulation as I plan to air dry my hair in a bun on days that I co-wash. 

4. PROTECTIVE STYLING at least 4 days of the week, every week. I am still considering having box braids installed, just need to find the time and energy to sit down for 4-5 hours straight. 

5. GO BACK TO BASICS on major wash days i.e. prepoo, shampoo, instant condition, deep condition, leave in conditioner, roller set, air dry in rollers, NOT rushing any steps. 


AUGUST HEALTH AND FITNESS GOALS:


1. Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water a day. 

2. Go to the gym a minimum of 4 times a week

3. For the month of August, simply focus on cardio. On gym days, do at least an hour of cardio, alternating between the eliptical machine, the treadmill, stationary cycle and stair climber. BE CAREFUL WITH ANKLE!!

4. Sauna/steam room once a week. Take conditioner with to the gym and squeeze in a deep conditioning session at the same time. 

5. Keep calorie intake to 1200 per day, no more, no less. More means taking in too much, less means my body goes into starvation mode and all weightloss efforts are for naught. 

6. Limit carb intake to two days a week. On other days of the week focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies. 

7. Get a damn MULTIVITAMIN and drink it daily!

And there you have it folks, my goals for the month of August. they say that whenever one starts a fitness program or regime, that it takes 4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for your friends and family to notice and 12 weeks for the world to notice that you've been shedding weight and becoming leaner and more toned. I've come to realize that it kind of applies to hair as well, lol. Point is, I refuse for this time to be a false start, especially regarding my weight and health. Summer my side of the world is around the corner and there is no way on God's green earth that I'm going to be play hide away the wobbly bits again! So send out those positive vibes everybody, I'm gonna need it! 

Anybody got some specific goals for the month of August? Have a super Tuesday!

1 comment: