Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Raindrops falling on my head

Good morrow fair gentles!

It's been a minute since I've been here and I must say that I think I might have achieved some of my goals regarding balance, as mentioned last week. I've been eating like a normal human being again, instead of like a little bird. I feel much better, being less dizzy and not as fatigued. I believe that I have corrected my moisture/protein balance and that my tresses are on their way to being fabulous. I need to work out a new exercise regime to get to the gym in the mornings, as I now have class in the afternoons after work. And there is definitely work being done (by both parties) regarding the restoration of balance in my relationship.

Summer is definitely over and there's a distinct chill in the air. And it's still raining! It's been pouring cats and dogs for hours, people reporting over 80mm/3inches of rain during the course of the night alone. And the rain has not let up yet. It is awesome, perfect for pancakes and cuddling.

There is just one little problem, and I know that I am not the only one who thinks or feels this when the downpour comes - any effort you put into styling your hair is out the window! It ends up frizzy and shapeless. If you're not careful to sort it out as soon as you get home, you end up with a matted mess prone to breakage. I am protective styling practically all the time, and I believe the moisturizing and sealing is really assisting me in regaining strong, healthy hair and retaining growth. It still is a bit of a suck fest if half way through the day you're no longer professional looking and more than likely resemble a chow puppy. I believe it might be time for me to start investing in wigs and phony pony's. My edges are not cooperating as I would like them to, thus I am going to avoid extensions and sew-ins for the time being and simply continue to do protective styling without putting pressure on my scalp.

Lastly, it must be mentioned that it is ridiculous that in this small city, it takes almost an hour to get one from one place to another in rush hour traffic, whilst during any other time it doesn't even take you 15minutes. How is it possible that the powers that be have not made any plans in the past ten years regarding our infrastructure, and most specifically the roadways?? The city experience a constant influx of people and cars, but the roads aren't big enough and housing is so expensive due to lack of supply  and an ever-increasing demand that the UPPER middle class are renting because they can't find property that is consistent with the mortgages that they qualify for. But fear not. The city coffers are full enough so that executives have massive ENTERTAINMENT allowances. It irks me, that as a taxpayer, I must suffer due to the incompetence of the naked emperors. I know, I know. Be the change that you wish to see in the world. Somebody PLEASE tell me HOW in this particular instance??


No comments:

Post a Comment