Tuesday, March 13, 2012

All I wanna do...

is have some fun. Y'all remember that Sheryl Crow song? Sometimes fun in my world isn't even limited to the dictionary definition of "fun". Sometimes, it's simply about doing what I want to do and getting what I want. Yes, that sounds selfish and immature, but if you've been catering to others' whims and fancies for as long as I have then you might digress from the judgment about to pop from your mind directed towards me. Essentially to have such selfish whimsical thoughts is a short game statement. But a bigger picture exists - if one's immediate desires aren't at least sometimes fulfilled, resentment builds. And right now...

The other day I spoke of love and about how the little things show the existence of love and are manifestations of love. But today I am annoyed to no end by "the little things" because certain people have this ability to ONLY see the little things and forget all about the bigger picture. And every once in a while I feel that it is prudent to take a look at the bigger picture, to look at the long game, to carefully consider the next shot you make so you can actually line up the one right after. Sometimes, just sometimes, life is like a game of pool. You need to think about what you want in the long term if you want to win the game. And right now I am being hounded by short game players.

What I want is for you to open your eyes and look at the bigger picture. Are you compromising for the sake of compromise or are you looking at the big picture? Are you making a specific statement because of your immediate feelings and surroundings, or have you thought about your long game? Are you going to perform a certain action for immediate gratification or are you considering the possible positive future consequences? The question thus is, WHY do you do WHAT you do WHEN you do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment