Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mid month check in

So, at the beginning of the month I set myself some goals, both personal and hair related. And today I felt the need to check in a little bit about how it's going and to see if I'm making headway regarding the hair related issues.

I'll be 9 weeks post in 2 days time and my new growth is quite noticeable, especially in the middle of my head. Around the hairline I can clearly see and feel it as well, but it's soft and manageable, and trained to a certain degree, because glory hallelujah, I've been a good girl and have slept with my silky wrap almost every night. Once or twice it slipped off my head in the middle of the night, but still, I did not subject my hair to friction against cotton and linen pillow cases.

I also moisturize and seal more frequently since I've given myself a list of goals, although I think it can still be stepped up a notch or two, since there have been days that I skipped the process. I need to thus recommit to doing it EVERY DAY.

I'm unfortunately still in that styling rut. I am however planning to try something new this weekend after my DC process. Speaking of DC, I have succeeded in doing both a dry DC and a post wash DC this month, one being protein and the other moisturizing. I've also succeeded in pre-pooing before every wash, even though once it was not as long and intense as I would have preferred due to timing constraints.

Essentially, I think it's going well. I'm not checking off products that were finished yet, that I'm leaving for the end of the month check in. I must say however, that since I've been on this journey, I am enjoying my hair much more than in the past. Not with regards to styling or wearing it out, but I actually enjoy taking care of it and seeing the fruits of my labour, even when it's a little slow going. This journey is teaching me the art of patience, and I am appreciative of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment