Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April focus

Ahoy! It's the 4th month. Amazing. Just the other day it was Christmas. I mean, I have a gift I got for Christmas that I have not used yet! Time truly flies, and if one isn't careful, life would have passed you by. Yes, Chris Rock is right. Life is LONG. It's the longest thing you'll ever do. But truly living is an art. Really truly living, not going through the motions half assed because you're scared or have created self limiting obstacles for yourself. We have the crippling ability to get in our own way. Therefore I have devised a few focus points for this fourth month of the year 2012. I want to LIVE my life, even if it includes what other may deem nonsensical. I don't care, after all, it's my life.

  • FOCUS during class in the afternoons. Actually pay attention, it will pay off in the long term. And re-do my class notes. Prepare more diligently long before the exams - have the long term memory do its job. 
  • Listen to music as often as I can. It's as if life is a slice of bread and you spread some chocolate spread on it. Everything is more palatable with a decent soundtrack. I can't tell you how often a mediocre movie stood out and seemed AMAZING simply because it had a kick ass soundtrack. There are so many haters in this world, you cannot allow yourself to wallow in thoughts that originated in the mind of a hater.  An instant cure against that for me is the music. 
  • Be more healthy. I'm gonna start right now by getting a BIG glass of water and drinking it, and repeating that action at least once every two hours. I have always been a person who doesn't drink enough water, and then I curse the Universe for my acne (when I was teen) or struggling with my weight loss plans, whilst I KNOW that more water a day will assist me in a huge way. 
  • Easter is approaching and I plan to indulge completely, with hot cross buns, curried fish and chocolate. I also plan to spend some quality time with friends and family, specifically visiting my uncle in hospital, who have been released from the ICU. I can only thank God for keeping my beloved uncle safe and with us, my uncle himself being a man who has an amazing zest for life. 
Generally my point is that it does not matter if people look at you funny for doing something that you want to do. As long as YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE, doing what brings you joy, what makes you feel happy and fulfilled, and do what is good for YOU then it's all good.

And now to some hair focus points. Yes people, the obsession continues, and it will continue to exist until I reach my goals. Because simply put, having long hair is something that will bring me personal joy. Realistically speaking, yes I know, it'll take a couple of years to reach that magic mid back length, but I KNOW that it is possible, and I will not give up on my dream, as superficial as it may seem to some. To start off, here's the current list of hair care products in my stash:

  • Pantene Silky Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner 
  • L'Oreal Elvive Repairing Conditioner 
  • Avon Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner for dry and damaged hair
  • Avon Overnight Elixir
  • ORS Aloe Moisturizing Shampoo
  • ORS Hair Mayonnaise
  • ORS Replenishing Pak Conditioner (1pack)
  • ORS HAIresque Deep Conditioner (1pack)
  • ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion
  • ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer Hair dress (tub) 
  • ORS Hair Fertilizer
  • Dark and Lovely Ultimate Cholesterol Deep Conditioner
  • Dark and Lovely Anti-Breakage Conditioning Repair Mask
  • Dark and Lovely Beautiful Beginnings Normal Relaxer Kit
  • Dark and Lovely Oil Moisturizer Spray
  • Castor Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Pure Glycerin
  • Kair Light Serum
  • Bone Straight Wrap, Blow and Setting lotion
  • Self made leave in consisting of Protein Feed Conditioner, water and glycerin. 
Here's the kicker. EVERY time I enter a shop, I wander down the hair aisle, and contemplate getting something. I thought that I have restrained myself, but clearly, looking at this list, I have not succeeded. SO, hair goals for the month of April would include the following:
  • FINISH at least 3 products. 
  • Sleep with the damn SILK BONNET. I have been slacking and I can clearly see breakage. My hair should not have to suffer just because I'm in love. Heehee. Seriously though. Sleep with the bonnet!
  • Experiment with some other methods of styling. I have fallen in a styling rut and although I can see general length retention,  I can also clearly see breakage around the edges which might dissipate if I attempt some styles which are lower in manipulation and which are more protective. I'm thinking...a thick hairband...reduce combing the edges, cover them up, drastically reduce manipulation, still look cute...I should check it out. 
  • Moisturize and seal EVERY DAY! Yes, I can say that my schedule has become so hectic and that it's the reason behind my laziness, but that is NOT an excuse. If I want to see serious results, I need to step it up and commit!
  • Properly pre-poo before every wash, and deep condition more often this month. I'm currently 6 weeks and some odd days post, my previous relaxer ended up being a texlaxing and I'm working with 3, count 'em, 3 different textures, and the new growth especially is THICK (which is also an indication of scalp health, so yippee), so I need to make sure that it has all the moisture and protein it needs to last until May. 
  • There are a bit more than 5 weeks left until my planned day of relaxing. I'm in the stretch now, and I am still VERY serious about retaining 3cm in length. I need to step it up and be vigilant. 
So, there are the goals and focus points. Now, I will go and DO THEM

No comments:

Post a Comment