I haven't had a big post regarding my hair in a while, and I suspect that I'm actually suffering the consequences. My hair is not feeling very soft and nourished at the moment, and I know now that the reason for that is the fact that I have not been keep stricter tabs on myself. I'm experiencing breakage and I suspect it might be a little bit of a setback considering that I'm only 3 weeks post and I'm not supposed to be having these issues, well not in my mind at least. So, I'm going to go a little drastic and a little OCD on myself, because I love the fact that I've gained quite a bit of length in the past 6 months, but I want it healthy and happy. So mini challenges:
- moisturize and seal twice a day
- keep hands out of hair during the day
- DC twice a week WITH heat
- wear hair pinned and protectively every day till end of October, even if in a knot out or braid out or roller set - pin up and bun!
There will be one exception to that last bullet. I'm planning on wearing my hair out this coming Saturday as I'll be at a very cool event, the shoot of Black Vulcanite's first music video! So here's my plan regarding my tresses on Saturday, cause a girl has got to look GOOD:
- wake up nice and early, clean the apartment and then start with a prepoo with warm coconut oil, for at least the length of two or three Grey's Anatomy episodes. Make a pot of black tea with mint leaves added, have a cup, let the rest cool down.
- Wash hair with ORS Creamy Aloe, slightly diluted, rinsing properly.
- Rinse with the tea
- DC hair with a mixture of Pantene Repair and Protect, Give Me Moisture, ORS Masque and coconut oil, with a hot towel, for the duration of another two episodes, at least.
- Rinse the DC and tea out and brace myself and give a final rinse with VERY cold water.
- Put in my leave in's of Avon 3D Rescue and ORS Glossing Polisher.
- Roller set, and have it air dry while continuing with Grey's Anatomy. (Yes, it's a new obsession for me people, and I love it!)
- When completely dry, lightly moisturize and seal and wrap.
- Find an outfit, do my make up, all with Grey's in the background.
- About half an hour before having to leave for the party, take down wrap and lightly and gently iron my hair on a low heat
- Leave the house with BOUNCE!
Anybody else have weekend plans yet?