Tuesday, May 8, 2012

April goals revisited


I have not been here in a minute, and it's actually a little crazy how it has effected me to the extent that just gearing myself up to write this post took a little bit of doing. But I am back, in full swing and complete glory, and although were almost a third into the 5th month already, I need to revisit my April goals, specifically those regarding my hair. So, to recap, those goals were:

  • FINISH at least 3 products from the list below, and it was a success, as I actually finished 6. 
    • Pantene Silky Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner 
    • L'Oreal Elvive Repairing Conditioner 
    • Avon Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner for dry and damaged hair
    • Avon Overnight Elixir
    • ORS Aloe Moisturizing Shampoo
    • ORS Hair Mayonnaise
    • ORS Replenishing Pak Conditioner (1pack)
    • ORS HAIresque Deep Conditioner (1pack)
    • ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion
    • ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer Hair dress (tub) 
    • ORS Hair Fertilizer
    • Dark and Lovely Ultimate Cholesterol Deep Conditioner
    • Dark and Lovely Anti-Breakage Conditioning Repair Mask
    • Dark and Lovely Beautiful Beginnings Normal Relaxer Kit
    • Dark and Lovely Oil Moisturizer Spray
    • Castor Oil
    • Coconut Oil
    • Pure Glycerin
    • Kair Light Serum
    • Bone Straight Wrap, Blow and Setting lotion
    • Self made leave in consisting of Protein Feed Conditioner, water and glycerin. 

  • Sleep with the SILK BONNET. In general successful, with the exception of maybe six or seven nights the entire month, thus technically a goal achieved. 
  • Experiment with some other methods of styling. I DID experiment, a little, but it was not extensive. What I did try was the following:
    • phony pony
    • phony pony in a bun
    • headband covering edges and most of hairline
    • wore my hair out (to a wedding, it felt nice)
  • Moisturize and seal EVERY DAY! Unsuccessful. On average it happened only every 2nd day, except for the very first week in May. 
  • Properly pre-poo before every wash, and deep condition more often this month. Unsuccessful. I did not properly pre-poo before every wash, and I experienced a bit of protein overload this month. I also did not give my self proper time to DC every week, and once only kept the DC in for 10 minutes  without heat instead of 45 with heat. 
Three out of five is not too bad in my mind. From this month on wards I'm taking part in Ms Ebony's Banging & Swanging Challenge from Longing4Length, and those goals will be incorporated in my current regime. The above items will also continue to be part of my regime in my HHJ, as the ultimate aim at the end of the day is to have long, lush, healthy hair. I do think that I am retaining length though, I believe that slowly but surely what I am doing is yielding results. Friends are commenting on how good my hair looks and on how it's grown. I can't wait to hit SL. Till next time all. Have a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment