Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Sunshine Blogger Award

So, I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!! I love these! It encapsulates the randomness that is me and parts of this blog. And I love talking about myself so there's that, lol.

Shout out to Yvette of Hard Mashona Type, thank you oodles for the nomination.



Now, there are a number of steps that must be followed in the accepting of the award, the first being to tag the blogger who nominated me (see above).

The second would be to share 11 random facts as requested from Yvette, and here goes:

1. Which countries have you been to?

Well, I'm not as well travelled yet as I want to be, but I have been privileged so far to have been to The United States, South Africa, Malawi and my home country of Namibia. Germany and England don't count as I have only ever seen the insides of their airports. I am going on a little Eurotrip later this year so the list shall be growing in the very near future.

2. If you were a member of the opposite sex for a day, what is the first thing you would do?

This question is DEEP! Well, I already have a very masculine energy for a girl so there's a quite a lot that would take up my day - I would be the fly on the wall and ask my male friends all the questions that they would not answer if a girl asked it. But the FIRST thing I would do??? Pee standing up!

3. Which languages do you speak?

English and Afrikaans, the latter being my mother tongue.

4. What is your favourite social media platform?

To browse - Pinterest. To interact - Facebook. To rant and rave - Twitter.

5. How did you and your best friend meet?

Through mutual friends on the social scene.

6. If you were having a dinner party and could invite anyone, alive or dead, who would you invite?

This is not easy. Well, I could answer with the usual responses of Nelson Mandela, JFK, Ghandi, MLK, Bill Gates, Oprah, but that has been done to death,it has actually become a bit trite. SO, at my dinner party would be my real friends and then I would add to the mix Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Miles Teller, Rihanna, Theo James, Dylan O'Brien, Jon Stewart, Robert Downey Jr, Melissa McCarthy and Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park. THAT would be a PARTY!!!

7. Dogs or cats?

Both, but right now I have none. I don't have a yard and I will not subject any pet to apartment living.

8. Favourite form of exercise?

Dancing. But when I am actually working out, I like to mix up a bit of cardio with weight and resistance training.

9. What food do you have to be forced to eat?

Uhhhhmmmm...nothing. Okay wait, I'm lying. I DO NOT eat tripe and offal. Other than that - bring it on! Food is good. I like food.

10. If you had an unlimited budget, where would you go for your next vacation?

Unlimited budget? I would do a tour of the fashion capitals of the world and go on a shopping spree! I'm talking New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Milan, London, Tokyo. Of course whilst in those cities I would do more than just shop, I would do EVERYTHING else as well. And then to rest I would go to Santorini, Greece and lie on the lily white beaches for a week or two before returning to reality (with a whole new wardrobe and couture galore!)

11. If you won the lottery, what would be the fist thing that you spend, invest or donate it on?

Honestly, if I won the lottery tomorrow the very first thing I would do is scream my head off, take out my bestie and party like a crazy person. THEN I would pay off all of my own debts first, and then I would send my folks a big chunk of money so that they could cover what they want to. After that I would buy myself a new car and then I would go house hunting. Property is ridiculously expensive in Windhoek, Namibia, so buying a house would definitely be VERY high on the priority list.

There you have it folks!!!

The next step is to nominate 11 other bloggers worthy of recognition. Here are my nominees:
And the final step is to figure out 11 questions for each of them to answer. Here goes:

1. Your favourite song at the moment and why?

2. TV show that you would recommend to anyone to binge watch?

3. What injustice in this world makes your insides burn with rage and sadness?

4. What is your hidden talent?

5. What is your guilty pleasure?

6. Describe one room in your dream home - remember money is in abundance in this little architectural fantasy. 

7. What was your personal motivation behind the decision to go on a healthy hair journey?

8. Who is your favourite Disney princess?

9. What is your favourite city in the world?

10. How long is your hair right now and what is your ultimate hair length goal?

11. Who is your favourite Avenger? 

ENJOY!!!

PS Anyone else who feels like taking on my questions, you are MORE than welcome, I LOVE getting to know my readers and fellow bloggers.

1 comment: