Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Liebster Award

I wasn't specifically nominated by anyone for this award, except for the fact that Blutiful Blaq nominated all who read her Liebster Award post. 

The rules are as follows:


11 Interesting, well, more like random, things about myself:


1. Although she's acting a little crazy these days, I really do like Miley Cyrus, or rather, I like her music. Regardless of her antics, songs like Wrecking Ball are powerful and evocative. And the girl has a monster voice!

2. Although I'm right handed, I do random things with my left hand, such as hold my coffee mug. 

3. I drive a stick. Whenever I'm driving a car that has an automatic transmission, I'm annoyed. In my opinion, everyone should learn how to drive a car with a manual transmission. 

4. I am a big reader, everything from schmaltzy romance novels to gripping thrillers to pure brain candy to intellectual stimulating books. 

5. I truly wish that a I could find a beautician here in Windhoek that can shape my eyebrows via threading. I can't stand tweezing and waxing is just not fun. Threading is the best way to shape eyebrows in my opinion. 

6. I love rock and roll!! I'm talking Linkin Park, Metallica, Imagine Dragons, AC/DC, Evanescence, Goo Goo Dolls and many, many more. 

7. I despise bullies. All kinds of bullies. I was bullied as a child and as a teenager. Many people don't realise how long those wounds take to heal and those scars never truly go away. They might fade, but they will always be there. 

8. If I went to Hogwarts, I probably would have been sorted into Gryffindor, and my patronus would most likely be that of a dog, like a Labrador. 

9. I love shoes! But I can't wear 75% of the heels out there. My ankles hate it and I have very flat feet, which equals pain and swelling if I'm in a pair of heels for longer than a few (read max 3) hours. 

10. I suffer from chronic sinusitus, due to a deviated septum. Planning to have that fixed ASAP. 

11. I love to cook, and specifically, I like to try out new things. I practically live on the Food Network if the TV is on. 

Blutiful's Questions:

1. What is your goal length - my ultimate goal is mid back length. But the immediate goal at this time is to reach armpit length.

2. Where is your dream vacation - that is a tough one!! Because I want to go everywhere and experience everything! However, at this time, my dream vacation will include one or two of my best friends and we shall invade Thailand, spending some time on the islands, such as Phuket, and a few days in the hustle and bustle that is Bangkok.

3. What do you do for a living - I am a legislative drafter with the Ministry of Justice of Namibia.

4. What is the weirdest thing/food you have ever eaten - that would be a tie between alligator and freshwater eel. Both very yummy!

5. What's your most used phrase/word - "For the love of Zeus!!"

6. What's your favorite hair product - ORS Replenishing Conditioner

7. What is your most annoying habit - I talk too much. I hijack entire conversations. I don't mean to, my friends have just pointed out to me that I do it, so I have been keeping an eye on myself.

8. What state do you currently reside - I live in the beautiful little city of Windhoek in the gorgeous country of Namibia.

9. Who is your hair crush - holy hell, sooooo many!! But ultimately Jeni for Just Grow Already. It is so long, and healthy and strong. It is truly droolworthy!

10. What's your favorite season - that would be Autumn/Fall. Not too hot, not too cold, just perfect. And I can start whipping out the boots. I LOVE high boots!

11. What is your favorite place to eat - I don't eat out often. But I do love seafood, so throw me into any GOOD seafood place, and I am happy as a clam. On the other hand, I also LOVE me some red meat, and The Peppercorn in Windhoek, has AMAZING steaks. 

My nominees for the Liebster Award are as follows:

And of course I nominate anyone else who's in the mood. Just link me up in the comments below :-)

Here are MY questions:


1. Are you a gamer in any way? If so, Playstation or X-Box?

2. Which countries have you travelled to in your life? I you haven't been out of your home country, what is the top 3 countries on your travel must see list?

3. If you could be a fictional character, who would you be and why?

4. What is your favorite board game?

5. What is the most frustrating thing to you about your hair?

6. What song instantly gets you on your feet and sway those hips?

7. Describe your happiest hair day

8. Lefty or righty?

9. Are you into sports at all? If so, what is your favorite, either to participate or to watch?

10. Red lipstick or pink lipgloss?

11. Most HATED hair care product?

Enjoy y'all. I am off to the gym for the first time in 2014. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing the blog! I too like Miley Cyrus. Well her music and not her actions lately.Threading is the best way to go! I tried Alligator meat it I have to agree that is is quite tasty!

    ReplyDelete